Friday, November 21, 2008

I am now a U.S Citizen!!


As of Monday, November 17, 2008 I am a U.S citizen. It has been a long road to this day but with Gods help it has happened.
My appointment was for 8:25 am we did not have to wait very long (thank God ) I was very nervous because any little thing could prevent the next step, anyway
when I got called back I was put under oath and then the questions started to fly, from where I was born to where I lived now if I was working and how many children I had oh yeah and if I was still married to the same guy, then I did the reading test ( I work too much.) yeah it was that simple. Then the writing test ( I drink too muck coffee. ) and the history questions.
1.) How many branches are there in our Gov.?
2.) Who selects congress?
3.) Who signs bills into laws?
4.) What colors are there in the U.S flag?
I passed with all right!
I know that to some its not really a big deal but to someone from another country it is one of the biggest events to happen in our lifetime. I am Blessed and Proud to finally call myself a U.S Citizen! Thanks to all of my dear friends for the prayers and words of encouragement. With much love to you all.
Adrian and I had a lot of fun. My parents kept Brodie for us so we could go and not have to worry about him behaving in the office, he had alot of fun with my parents and bro and sis I did miss him but I was not at all worried about his well being.
well thats all for now.
Jeny

4 comments:

Melody said...

WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!
And the pictures of you and Adrian are beautiful!

Amberlin said...

Awesome!!!! Go Jenny! :-)

Journey to Lilly! said...

Yeah!! I am so happy for you Jenny & it is great news about Adrians job.
Lv ya,
Kim

Ashley said...

I'm so excited for you!! And the news about Adrian's job is awesome! God is good all the time! You had a lot to be thankful for at Thanksgiving!!! So glad everything is great with you guys. So extremely happy for you guys.
Love you,
Ash